Friday, May 1, 2009

FlashbacK

It was one warm late afternoon, when the sun had an orange glow
and there was a gentle breeze rustling the trees gently. There I stood
infront of the cafeteria building under a shade of trees waiting for
my friends to join me for dinner. It was usual for me to wait as most
of my dinnermates are usually from other houses.

What happened the night before was a big mistake, what I did wasnt
rational and I cant say that I thought it through enough and I really
regret doing it. I didnt consult any of my friends about it because I
was too scared that they would laugh at me. I never felt so alone about
something like this before.

As these thoughts kept running through my mind, I noticed someone
in a distance. A very familiar figure with pale complexion and tied up
hair walking towards my way. A sudden anxiety ran through me, at
that moment I just wanted to walk off and hopefully escape from what
I feared would happen. But it was too late, she already saw me and my
legs were rooted to the ground, as though my feet weighed a tonne.

She was with some other girls older than us and they gave me weird
stares with stern faces which I tried very hard to ignore. There she was
just a few feet away from me wearing her oversized t-shirt and mini shorts
combo as usual. She asked her friends to enter the cafeteria first, then
she looked at me, the first eye contact she made with me since I saw
her from a distance. The expression on her face was somewhat frustrated
and solemn at the same time. She beckoned me with her tiny fingers
and I slowly walked to her with my heavy feet towards the front of the
cafeteria door where she stood. I spoke first, atleast I tried to...

"Mary Im..."
"What the hell do you think you are doing Tom?"
"Well I ..."
"Shut the fuck up! Listen to me! Why are you trying to ruin our friendship?"
"But I ..."
"I thought we talked about it after the first time you asked! Why did you send me that message again this afternoon? What the fuck is wrong with you?"
"Dont fucking interupt me!! What the fuck are you talking about? What message? That wasnt me, Joe was playing with my phone this afternoon"
"I dont give a fuck! Stay the fuck away from me! Dont ever talk to me again! Bastard!"

Saying that, she stomped her foot on the ground, her rubber slippers
making a slap sound on the cold hard concrete floor and she stormed
into the cafeteria with a really angry expression on her face. I could
see some tears in her eyes. But at that moment I couldnt really give
a shit, I had feelings of my own as well and I walked off.

I didnt feel hungry anymore, just pissed and frustrated at the silly
way of how things happened. She didnt even bother to listen to me, she
just hammered me for something I didnt do. I walked off to my dorm
ignoring my friends who were walking my way. I didnt really care at
the moment, just angry at the world for no reason. Needless to say
I slept fitfully that night...

The title says it all

No comments: