Saturday, May 2, 2009

We are, we are, Youth of the Nation..

Something taken a long time ago, not forgotten by a song

Music plays a very significant role in my life, you can somewhat
say its the flavour of my soul. Without it Im nothing but just a plain
soul in a human shell. Well, enough with the stupid corny crap.
Believe it or not, a day without music somewhat throws my day
off and I will feel something is missing, like I didnt take some
medicine. However when I turn my laptop on and fire up my
speakers, the feeling disappears within seconds and its just like
a glass of cold water after a hot day.

Music can sometimes remind me of the past, things that happened
before, things that happened when I listened to that certain track
alot. Well I have many songs in my list, about a thousand(maybe not
alot for most of you out there) and I wont even be able to finish
listening to all the songs in a day.

Since my huge list is usually on shuffle mode, once in a while a
random track, unplayed for weeks, maybe even MONTHS is played
and then past forgotten memories will start flooding in as the track is
played. Most of the time its a happy one, for an example a roadtrip I
had with some friends. Every other time its a bitter memory, sometimes
bitter enough to rip my barely healing wounds apart. Well while these
songs are being played, Id usually start day dreaming and flashbacks will
be played in my head. Sometimes these moments can be very
magical and up-lifting, anyone who has anything bad to say should
be shot in between their eyes.

Well music can also be an inspiration to me, as a kid I used to
like doodling silly pictures and cartoons(ask my secondary school
friends). Usually Id take time to lie on my bed and turn my radio
on. As music is being played, Id muse of things in my head, its
as though the rhythm from the music is actually forming images
in my head inspiring me to draw. The feeling of that is just something
I cant describe, well for one its empowering. I hardly draw anymore
because I feel Im too old for that, but I do miss doing it but my
ability is diminished, maybe even lost.

Sometimes, some songs containing memories are lost by certain
unforseen circumstances such as reformating my computer or
changing laptop. Usually Id forget, then there would be those
times when Im driving late at night, where the radio would
usually play old retro hits. Some old songs which brings memories,
memories maybe from my secondary school years or even my
childhood and Id speed home to download them. Its like downloading
lost memories lol. I know it sounds corny but yes, I do have an
affinity with music and I am not ashamed of it.

No comments: