Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Mercy

I never did forget my brothers of 2007


Was having a really crappy day yesterday because my
english lecturer was giving me and my assignment group
a hard time. YES! This that time of the semester again when
english starts getting crappier. Sadly it came early this
semester. I think Ive only ranted about my crappy english
teacher here once but, my english teacher is a down right
crappy one. She does everything while half awake and she
just simply critisize people without even going through our
work. How crappy is that? JEEZ!

Anyways while I was in class I had a casual chat with one of
my Botswanian friends. This guy had a calendar in hand and he
was looking through some dates and he pointed and said "Im
going back home on this day" May 30th. He said it was coming
soon and all. I could see the joy in his face as he was smiling and
making all those weird noises they do when they are happy lol.

I was thinking it was funny, cos its still a long wait
but then it hit me. While I was able to go home every 3 months
I complain of being homesick while these guys actually stay behind.
A two month wait is nothing compared to how long my friend has
waited. About 7 months. He was talking about how the seasons change
in his place, about parties they have there, the fresh air, the more
peaceful lesser developed area they reside in and best of all a
girl waiting for him back home. These people may appear different
but they are infact no different from us, infact maybe better.

Well I cant imagine myself in a position where Ill be away from home for
7 months. Things wont remain the same as you have left them before you
leave home. In 7 months people change, beloved pets die, people go away
and it will never be the same which makes leaving such a crappy thing. In
seven months even the girl you like and waited so long to see might be rolling
in some other guy's car.Well its plain simple truth, not based on own experience,
ahem ahem maybe haha

No comments: