Tuesday, November 17, 2009

tu owh wan tu

Lately it has been raining a lot because of the rainy season I guess? Everyday
by the time its evening, it will rain like crazy and there will be loads of thunder
and lightning. I dunno why, but I made a pact with some of my coursemates to
climb broga hill during a thunderstorm. To me it sounded like a good idea when
we planned it and laughed about it. But when the time comes, it isnt exactly
very funny anymore. The thought of climbing up a very slippy mountain during
a massive rain isnt very appealing when you stare out the window watching the
heavy droplets patter on the floor, the thunder drumming away as it causes the
very roof above you to rattle and lightning that blinds your eyes for a spilt second.

These are the makings of madness, which we usually observe from the comfort of
our sheltered houses. But a deal is a deal, after my assignments are done we are
gonna climb up broga hill in a storm whether we like it or not. SHUCKS! I am actually
very tempted to do it, but Im not sure if ill come down broga hill alive or not! LOL!

Anyways, due to the weather it has been really cold lately. Last night I slept without
the fan and with my windows just ever so slightly open. At first, it was too warm but
I knew it would be too cold if I turned my fan off so I kept it off. Within 5 minutes of
so called temperature purgatory the cold air seeped in and my room was engulfed by
a layer of cold air. It got so cold to the point where I wrapped myself with my blanket
without the fan, for the first time ever. It was that cold.

Today, there was heavy rain as usual but slightly heavier and longer than the norm.
The wind was quite strong as windows and doors around my humble rented home
rattled like demons were sneaking into my house lol, descriptive much? After the
rain ended, the thunder continued echoing in the air as flashes of lightning are seen
brightening up my gloomy room for a few milliseconds. When It was dinner time I
drove out with my housemates and we were greeted by quite a horrendous scene
in semenyih town. Most of the street lamps were blown down like uprooted trees,
signboards we usually see are flung away, roofs were blown off and traffic lights
were functioning. The damage was catastrophic.

The days are going to continue getting gloomier, as the rainy season has yet to end.
Its a good thing I still have you as my substitute sunshine =)

No comments: