Thursday, October 23, 2008

Ghost Rider

I havent written a single post for the past 10 days so I guess this is the right time. Lately my housemates and I are going through rehabillitation from playing Dota lol. So far we have been doing well relying on other things to do such as playing cards(chor dai ti, yes call me noobie but atleast now i know how to play!), bike riding and of course studying*GASP!!*

Speaking about bike riding Ive been doing it alot lately, it feels great really. When I said bike riding im not talking about riding to campus and back, Im talking about riding around my area exploring different places we didnt usually go using cars. To make things easier I ride around with some of my housemates at night, ranging from about 9:45 to 11:15. Around these times we would be riding out because the temperature is clearly cooler and the traffic is lesser.

At first we rode around my neighbourhood which is a small area, just riding in circles from block to block. Just riding around talking alot of crap and observing the people living in our area. After that we advanced to riding in the neighbouring neighbourhood which is much more vast and the roads are slightly more winding and there are more uphills and downhills. After that, we rode from the neighbouring neighbourhood towards the shop-lots very close to our neighbourhoods. There we have much more space to ride around and we get to observe the small bars and restaurants nearby. The place is dark, some of the shoplots are abandoned and gloomy, and there are many stray dogs wandering around which makes it more thrilling. Currently, we have expanded our route into our campus. Seems like a normal ride to campus but we actually ride inside and around the freaking huge compound. The campus grounds looks very very different at night compared to the day. The place somehows seems bigger and its surroundings are very gloomy. The up-hills there are killer as we had to paddle like crazy to make it to the top but of course it would mean the down-hills are freaking awesome. The wind blowing into my face, the slight drizzle splattering about while dashing down a freaking slope.

Well enough about that, I mainly wanted to talk about what happened about 2 hours ago. The usual route we take in campus would be entering from the back entrance, riding up to the hostel area using the walkway to the SA building then up towards the steep hill towards the sports centre. Usually we would ride to the kapas house which is all the way at the end of the campus but we decided to make a few rounds around the basketball court. There were some people playing in the pitch darkness but we didnt really mind them. They were only using 1/4 of the court while we rode around a few rounds on the smooth court grounds. After that we proceeded to the front of the admin building which was kinda hard because the hill is kinda steep. After that we decided to ride around the path of the lake. Well lets just say the pathway was kinda creepy because there were trees by its side and there was hardly any light so the vision ahead was very bad. At first the path was a straight road and I could roughly see ahead. Then I realised that the path was about to curve in and I couldnt see ahead and It was freaking dark. At the moment I felt really uncomfortable, like I was being watched. There was some weird lapping sound on the lake water like something was there waiting.Immediatly I put on my brakes and told my housemates to turn around. Something really, really didnt feel right. As I was the one leading the way, when we were going out I was the one furthest behind. I was really hoping my housemates would pedal faster because my back is now exposed to whatever that`s there. It was one hell of a creeped out feeling.

After that we rode home and that was that. Im not turned off from riding my bike at night. Infact Im determined to go back there and ride the complete round around the lake when im mentally prepared lol.

No comments: