Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Angelic Horns

Nothing much happening this week, same as usual. Classes are of course boring and Im having a really hardtime catching up with maths. Well tonight instead of the usual nerd dota-ing we guys played black jack and I earned 3 bucks from not playing dota lol. I hope all that yelling and screaming didnt get to the neighbours.

Anyways I wanted to talk about helping others. Do you believe that from helping others you will feel good about yourself? Do you think you are doing the person good? Well I grew up being told not to be too helpful to people because its mostly a waste of time and nothing good will come of it. Well I was totally against this and I feel it is really, really bad not to help someone in need. Somehow, helping people has mostly landed me in trouble more than anything else. Im not pissed at anyone at this moment or in a bad mood, I just wanna voice out this point thats all.

There was this one time, in secondary school where I found this wallet on the floor. I looked into the wallet and found out that the owner is a classmate of mine. When I returned it to him, i thought he would be happy that he got it back but I was wrong. He looked into the wallet and found some money missing and accused me of taking it. Whats wrong with these people? Anyway he proceeded to telling his mum who called me that night. She was asking me questions in the most interrogating way which got me nervous. She assumed that because of my trembling voice, that Im guilty. Fine, I dont care, that guy isnt really a good friend of mine but the worse part is when he told my classmates about it which really really screwed me up. Sure I had some friends who backed me up but none the less my reputation got ruined because it got to the other classes. It was just twenty bucks missing, was it really worth it to do that to me? In the end the discipline master knew I was right because a real thief would take the money and dump the wallet. Dude if you remember this and you are reading this. Come find me again, i`ll throw 50 bucks right into your face and you can keep it, thats a promise.

From experience I have always helped many people with stuff and I found out, the more you give , the more they wanna take. This isnt the olden days anymore where helping someone would mean that one day he would return the favor and save you life or something. This is 2008 where many people are manipulative as they are. I didnt say that helping someone is wrong, but when the person keeps asking for more, it gets really annoying and you are doing this for what? A sincere(more like fake) thanks just isnt good enough anymore. Ive seen most of my friends who would just give and give and give. But in the end what do they get from it? They become more like a slave than an angel to the person.

I would again like to stress that Im not angry or something, I just wanna voice this out thats all. Take a look at your friends and the people you roll with. Do you think they are really your goodfriends or just some certain people who use you, manipulate you or just talk to you when they are bored. Yes a person may seem like a sincere friend that talks to you or spend time with you, but when his or her other cronies come along you get chucked aside used socks. Im quite fortunate not to have friends who are like this(hopefully).

Anyways its not only people you know who you should be aware of. There are stories where people who plead for help by the side of the road at night and when the samaritan comes along he gets a knife pointed at his face and his car stolen. There are people who would give an unfortunate person a ride home and get raped. There are people who help young children in need and get their money snatched right under their nose. There are people who finacially help others but in the end get conned of their money. So is it right to be right? I feel sometimes doing something right(good) can go really wrong.

You wanna help the unfortunate? Throw some money in the donation box. Enough said.

No comments: